Our dentist, Dr. Greg Elliott, uses the Biolase dental laser for certain treatments at Mount Pearl Dental. Laser procedures can be more precise and help reduce symptoms and healing times associated with traditional therapies.
What is laser therapy?
There are several advantages to using lasers in dentistry. With a laser, your dentist may not need to use a drill or give you freezing to perform a procedure.
Lasers are an ideal solution for patients who are afraid of needles or for children who are afraid of the sound of a drill.
Benefit of dental lasers:
- Accuracy and precision
- Reduced trauma
- Less bleeding & swelling
- Fewer dental appointments
- Great for kids, or nervous patients
Dental lasers can be used to:
- Reduce the discomfort of canker and cold sores
- Perform biopsy procedures.
- Expose partially erupted wisdom teeth
- Aid in the treatment of gum disease
- Remove muscle attachments that limit proper movement
- Remove or reshape gum and bone tissues