Your First Visit
Please arrive about 10 minutes early so that you have enough time to fill out a New Patient Form. To simplify your visit, you can also print and fill out our form prior to your first appointment.
Your dentist will begin by reviewing your medical and dental history and completing a comprehensive dental exam. Your exam will include a thorough examination of your gums, teeth, bite and jaw, an oral cancer screening and any required X-rays.
Based on your history and examination, your dentist will develop a long-term dental treatment plan for you. Your dentist will also any questions you have about your dental health and treatment options.
Read the FAQs to learn more about what to expect at Mount Pearl Dental.
What features does your clinic offer?
Our clinic offers a number of features, including:
- Convenient Locations & Hours
- Free On-site Parking
- Quick Check-up Appointments
- Multiple Appointment Bookings for Families
- Short Wait Times
What is your appointment policy?
Our dental team strives to provide quality care, but dental work requires planning. This includes proper staffing, treatment room availability, and material preparation.
We reserve specific time blocks to meet patient schedules and dental needs. If you have an appointment, that time is reserved exclusively for you and we've prepared for your visit. Failure to keep this appointment deprives other patients.
Please be advised that effective July 1st, 2019 we will be enforcing our appointment policy.
- A 24-hour notice is needed to cancel an appointment. Cancellations less than 24 hours are considered "short cancellations" on your record. If 3 short cancellations occur, we may revoke your booking privileges. This means "day-of" bookings only, and appointment times may be limited.
- If you miss a confirmed appointment with no notice, a $50.00 cancellation fee will be charged. This fee is your responsibility and cannot be billed to an insurance plan. For appointments longer than 1 hour, a higher cancellation fee may be charged. This fee will have to be paid before we consider booking you again. This “no show” will be noted in your record, and 3 such no-shows will result in the loss of your booking privileges.
- Appointments that cannot be confirmed within 24 hours of the scheduled time will be removed from the schedule.
We offer phone and automated appointment reminders. Please check with one of our receptionists to ensure we have the most accurate and up-to-date contact information on file for you, including mobile phone and email contacts.
- How can I book an appointment?
- How do I cancel or reschedule an appointment?
Do you offer appointment reminders?
In the days before your appointment, you will receive automated phone, text or email appointment reminders from us. If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please call us as soon as possible to let us know.
Does your clinic have on-site parking?
Yes, we have free on-site parking available for all our patients. We are also easily accessible by public transit.
Support for Anxious Patients
Anxiety or fear around dental appointments is very common and it can prevent people from getting the dental care they need. If this sounds like you, don't fret.
The team at Mount Pearl Dental has a variety of practices in place, including dental sedation options, to help you relax during your appointments.
Insurance & Payment
At Mount Pearl Dental, we'll help you navigate our options for payment and insurance claims so you can focus on achieving your dental goals.
The full treatment cost must be paid at the time of your appointment. We accept payment by cash, debit or most major credit cards.
We can direct bill your insurance company and our administrative team is happy to assist you in understanding your insurance plan better.